Friday, February 24, 2012

Chubby Hubby Rice Krispie Bars

Do I really need to explain why I felt the need to repin this recipe for Chubby Hubby Rice Krispie Bars? I don't think so.  I've been thinking of these things since I pinned them and decided they'd be the perfect treat for the weekend.



They're easy to make, really not much more to them than regular Rice Krispie bars with the exception of melting the chocolate for the top and crushing the pretzels which takes all of 1 minute.  I will say, however, that mixing the cereal in with the melted marshmallows in regular Rice Krispie's is not one of my favorite things to do.  I try to make them when the husband is home and I make him do that final step.  This was HARD to stir together!  I started out making them with a sweater and a scarf on and ended with a sweater and scarf tossed on the floor because it was such a workout to mix everything together.  I mean, I admit I'm no body builder but I have carted around my fair share of babies, diaper bags, and toddlers and I can carry in a whole grocery shopping trip worth of grocery bags in one trip from the car to the house so I'm not a wimp either but, man, these made me work up a sweat!  On the plus side, the calories you work off making the bars must make it so you can have at least one (or two!) extra, I'm sure.

And the final product...so worth it!  They.are.delicious.  The chocolate on the top took awhile to cool and harden and it was so hard to wait.  You can tell by my finger print in the still soft chocolate.  Oops.


I will make these again.  And again.

But I'll make sure the husband is home next time. ; )



No comments:

Post a Comment