Friday, January 27, 2012

Baked Corn Dog Muffins



Okay, corn dogs are awesome.  They're yummy and delicious and everyone in the family likes them.  Not so yummy and delicious on the whole health front though.  So when I saw this pin for Baked Corn Dogs how could I not try them?  I mean, they still probably don't qualify as health food, but they are a definite step up from the fried stuff.

The linked recipe has it's own link for a cornbread mix but I went the easy way and just used a box of Jiffy mix.  I gave the boys a couple of nitrite free hot dogs and told them to get cutting, a job they both thoroughly enjoyed. 


While they were busy with their job, I mixed up the Jiffy mix, then we added the chopped up hot dogs and popped them in the oven.  I used mini muffin paper cups for mine because my muffin tins are gross and getting rusty I wanted to be more festive. 15 minutes later and they were done!  Do you think they liked them??

Those two muffin paper filled plates at the top were theirs.  They had 11 of them.  Each. The bottom plate was our apple nachos. (see link for post)

The 6 year old declared this the "best dinner ever!", as well as putting them on the menu for his birthday dinner.  Hey, it is only about 11 months away-gotta plan!  Both the 6 year old and 9 year old said the corn dogs muffins were their favorite part of the meal, even above the caramel, peanut butter, chocolate covered apples.  That's sayin' something!  This one gets an A++ and we'll make them often.

No comments:

Post a Comment