Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sight Word Shooting

When I saw that this pin involved Nerf guns, I knew it would be a hit.  Add Nerf guns to pretty much anything and my boys will enjoy it.  I wish I could come up with a way to sweep, dust, and pick up the house with Nerf guns.

Yesterday I taped some sight word cards on our sliding glass door for my Kindergartner and I would say a word, then have him shoot it.  The sight word cards I had were a bit too easy for him but he still really REALLY enjoyed this activity.  An added teaching moment was when I showed him how to use the sight on the gun to aim at his target.  This will be very useful should he decide to become a sharp shooter someday.  A well rounded education, that's what we're all about here.


I'll be doing this project again for sure.  I want to make some cards with more difficult words on them and I would love to try it outside at varying distances like the original poster did.  I'm thinking it would be great for math practice as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment