Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pizza Rolls

Tonight we had Pizza Rolls, or I guess they're really called Pepperoni Rolls, for dinner.  We changed up the original recipe a bit.  I used the Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust instead of the frozen bread dough, even though I still have 4 loaves of that in the freezer from when we made the Braided Spaghetti Bread, and we used turkey pepperoni, so no cool big deli slices for us.

This was fast and easy to put together.  I stuck it in for 10 minutes, then checked on it.  It was lightly browned on the outside so I cut into it to check that and the dough was still raw, cheese not melted.  The bottom was getting pretty dark however, so I moved it up a rack in the oven and stuck it back in for another few minutes.  I'm not sure how long, because I actually forgot about it, and when I went to check on it, it was really brown.  I was a bit worried dinner was ruined and we'd be calling up the pizza delivery guy but figured I'd at least try it and see if it tasted burned before I threw it out.  It wasn't bad!  It was actually pretty good.  The inside dough was just cooked so if you're going to use pizza dough for this one, it seems like the outside has to be pretty dark before the inside will be cooked enough.

Everyone liked this and had seconds.  We'll probably have it again in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment