Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ham, Turkey, and Cheese Sliders

Last night I tried out this recipe for Ham and Cheese Sliders, only since some of us don't eat red meat (or as I like to say "nothing that walks on 4 legs) we made some turkey and cheese ones as well.

It was only the boys and I for dinner last night so I cut the recipe down to 6 sliders, instead of the 24 the recipe calls for.  I also didn't have any poppy seeds so I omitted those as well.  I had read some comments about the bottoms getting soggy, and I was also worried about how my picky eaters would react to the topping, so I drizzled it on really lightly.  I wish I wouldn't have.  The topping is really what makes these yummy!  Both the older two liked them and I think they would have still liked them with more topping.  I made mine with turkey and Swiss, the 9 year old's were ham and Swiss, and the 6 year old had turkey and American.  Everyone enjoyed them and ate both of their sandwiches.

I think we'll probably make these again someday and next time I'll be more generous with the buttery goodness on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment