Saturday, January 7, 2012

Crack Potatoes


Tonight we had chicken for dinner, along with these Crack Potatoes.  I was really looking forward to them!  I halved the recipe, partly because only a couple of my family members like hash browns, but mostly because I have very little will power when it comes to cheesy type potatoes.  I tend to eat half the pan myself before I know it and my stomach hates me the next day.  I also used turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled, instead of Bacon Bits.

These were super quick to put together and smelled super yummy while they were cooking.  The end result, however, left something to be desired.  None of us were big fans of this one.  The 3 year old actually took a bite, pinched his nose closed, and said "Ew, gwoss!"  I'm thinking that's a thumbs down??

The 20 year old, husband, and myself ate what was on our plate but no seconds.  (okay, I did have a couple of more bites out of the pan.  I guess even not so good cheesy potatoes are a weakness)  The ranch flavor was REALLY strong, too strong for most of us, the 20 year old is the only one who said she actually liked them but she didn't like them enough to save the leftovers.  They went in the garbage.  I think maybe if I just used half a ranch packet, lots more cheese, and some butter or something they might be better.

The recipe has a lot of great reviews so it's obviously a hit with some, but we won't be making it again.


1 comment: