Saturday, January 14, 2012

Homemade Orange Julius




Growing up I l-o-v-e-d getting Orange Julius's from the store at the mall.  I haven't had one in years (are there many around anymore?  I guess I don't really go to malls these days.) and my kids have never had one so when I saw a pin for Homemade Orange Julius  I decided to make some for them this weekend.

They turned out pretty good!  They were a little thin but that was not the fault of the recipe.  I remembered, a bit late, that our ice maker in our freezer is broken so had to make ice the old fashioned way and the cubes didn't really have time to fully freeze so it was a tad watery.  The boys still liked these though and they want to try again tomorrow with some totally frozen ice cubes.  I'm not sure they'll become a regular thing around here, but they were good and fun for a Saturday night, and probably a Sunday afternoon, treat.

I noticed the spill on the counter top a bit late.  Please ignore it.



No comments:

Post a Comment