Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ice Cream Snowmen



Tonight I made these cute ice cream snowmen  for a surprise dessert for the kids.

We didn't use the licorice since my gluten free baby can't have it and I didn't have any cherries for the hat but I made do.  As you're probably learning from some (okay, all) of my food posts, presentation isn't my strong suit.  In my defense, it's harder than you might think to get chocolate chips to stick in a marshmallow.  Hence, the smashed in, mauled appearance on the snowman's face.  Poor guy.  I don't really have any excuse for the not perfectly shaped ice cream scoop bodies.  I'll blame my scoop.  Be sure to check out the link to see how cute they really can be.  You know, if you're into that whole presentation thing.

The kids loved them though!  The 9 year old exclaimed, "Oh, they're so cute!", the 3 year old said, "Mama, look!  I eat my snowman!  He melted!" and the 5 year old thinks we should do them every year at Christmas time.  I'm sure this one will be a repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment