Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Masking Tape Roads




I found this picture on Pinterest awhile back and thought it would be fun to try out today. I had the boys go around and collect their cars, trucks, and motorcycles earlier in the day and then laid out the masking tape roads all over the ground and some furniture.


The kids thought it was awesome to have roads everywhere! There were several mentions of "how cool" this was. The older two set up a couple of buildings and grabbed some action figures and had a police/robber scene going on for awhile, until a wild saber tooth tiger invaded the village and that became the new focus.


Notice my 3 year old pouting in the bottom left corner of the picture above. He was acting particularly "three'ish" today, that's the nicest way I can think of putting it, and was just a bundle of fun (heavy sarcasm) to deal with. He had fun for the first few minutes but then everything was "MINE!" or "NOT YOURS!" or just plain old "NO!!"

This activity was a lot of fun, and would have been more so, had my kids not all kind of been in moods today. I think the dreary weather is affecting all of us. It allowed me about 30 minutes of happy play (3 year old aside) until the older two started bickering over what each character should say or do, how the story line should go, etc. I finally threw in the towel, popped some popcorn, and put in a movie. Some days you just need to do that.

3 comments:

  1. great idea, love it! Will have to try it with Lil' Man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved this when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did this a couple weeks ago, left the roads up for a week because they had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete